Re: [SCA-Archery] 50YC archery competitions?

  • Jim Pickette
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
      I really like this idea! I could make garb for Saint Sebastien. It's an easy pattern and documentable.

      What else?

      JoO

      ---- Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
      > I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?
      >
      > Gaelen O'Grady
      >

      > ________________________________

    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
         Would that would be a loin cloth and arrows :-)

        Jon

        ---- Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
        > I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?
        >
        > Gaelen O'Grady
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Jim Pickette
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
          Would the judges allow me to use blunts?

          JoO

          ---- John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
          > Would that would be a loin cloth and arrows :-)
          >
          > Jon
          > On Dec 18, 2011, at 5:56 AM, Jim Pickette wrote:
          >
          > > I really like this idea! I could make garb for Saint Sebastien. It's an easy pattern and documentable.
          > >
          > > What else?
          > >
          > > JoO
          > >
          > > ---- Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
          > > > I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?
          > > >
          > > > Gaelen O'Grady

        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
            I would think so.  However,  you would have to push them them all the way through your body and out the other side to look authentic. I think broad-heads would be less painful. ;-)

            Jon