Re: [SCA-Archery] 50YC archery competitions?

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 17, 2011
      Interesting idea.  Any thoughts on how to score the documentation and garb?

      Jon

      From: Alys Cole <alysmouse1@...>
      > Subject: SCA 50 Year Annaversary
      >
      > Greetings to the Seneschals of the Known World,
      >
      > The 50 year anniversary
      > of the SCA is just a few years away.  The West Kingdom is putting a bid
      > together to host this event.  We want to know what you want to see at
      > the event.  Please send us your ideas, requests,
      offers to help....
      > This is still in the creation stage and we are very
      interested in
      > incorporating as many ideas and people as we can from the known world.
      >
      > Could you please share this with your Kingdoms listing this email as a
      > contact point? We truly wish to be able to gather as much information as
      > possible so that the
      event is as spectacular as it has the potential to be.

      > Thank You,
      >
      > Mistress Alys Graye

    • Taslen
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
        Jon,

        I would think using standard A&S competition rules, this is then a bonus to getting archers involved in A&S.

        Gaelen

        Sent: Wed, Dec 7, 2011 21:14:16 GMT+00:00
        From: Alys Cole <alysmouse1@...>
        > Subject: SCA 50 Year Annaversary
        >
        > Greetings to the Seneschals of the Known World,
        >
        > The 50 year anniversary
        > of the SCA is just a few years away.  The West Kingdom is putting a bid
        > together to host this event.  We want to know what you want to see at
        > the event.  Please send us your ideas, requests,
        offers to help....
        > This is still in the creation stage and we are very
        interested in
        > incorporating as many ideas and people as we can from the known world.
        >
        > Could you please share this with your Kingdoms listing this email as a
        > contact point? We truly wish to be able to gather as much information as
        > possible so that the
        event is as spectacular as it has the potential to be.

        > Thank You,
        >
        > Mistress Alys Graye

      • Jim Pickette
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
          I really like this idea! I could make garb for Saint Sebastien. It's an easy pattern and documentable.

          What else?

          JoO

          ---- Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
          > I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?
          >
          > Gaelen O'Grady
          >

          > ________________________________

        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
             Would that would be a loin cloth and arrows :-)

            Jon

            ---- Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
            > I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?
            >
            > Gaelen O'Grady
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Jim Pickette
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
              Would the judges allow me to use blunts?

              JoO

              ---- John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
              > Would that would be a loin cloth and arrows :-)
              >
              > Jon
              > On Dec 18, 2011, at 5:56 AM, Jim Pickette wrote:
              >
              > > I really like this idea! I could make garb for Saint Sebastien. It's an easy pattern and documentable.
              > >
              > > What else?
              > >
              > > JoO
              > >
              > > ---- Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
              > > > I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?
              > > >
              > > > Gaelen O'Grady

            • John Edgerton
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
                I would think so.  However,  you would have to push them them all the way through your body and out the other side to look authentic. I think broad-heads would be less painful. ;-)

                Jon