50YC archery competitions?

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 17, 2011
      Has anyone sent in any suggestions for target archery competitions for the Fifty Year Celebration?

      What would you like to see in the way of target competitions for 50YC or for any major event?  I think this is worth discussing.

      Jon

      Sent: Wed, Dec 7, 2011 21:14:16 GMT+00:00
      From: Alys Cole <alysmouse1@...>
      > Subject: SCA 50 Year Annaversary
      >
      > Greetings to the Seneschals of the Known World,
      >
      > The 50 year anniversary
      > of the SCA is just a few years away.  The West Kingdom is putting a bid
      > together to host this event.  We want to know what you want to see at
      > the event.  Please send us your ideas, requests, offers to help....
      > This is still in the creation stage and we are very
      interested in
      > incorporating as many ideas and people as we can from the known world.
      >
      > Could you please share this with your Kingdoms listing this email as a
      > contact point? We truly wish to be able to gather as much information as
      > possible so that the
      event is as spectacular as it has the potential to be.

      > Thank You,
      >
      > Mistress Alys Graye

    • Taslen
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 17, 2011
        I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?

        Gaelen O'Grady

        Sent: Wed, Dec 7, 2011 21:14:16 GMT+00:00
        From: Alys Cole <alysmouse1@...>
        > Subject: SCA 50 Year Annaversary
        >
        > Greetings to the Seneschals of the Known World,
        >
        > The 50 year anniversary
        > of the SCA is just a few years away.  The West Kingdom is putting a bid
        > together to host this event.  We want to know what you want to see at
        > the event.  Please send us your ideas, requests,
        offers to help....
        > This is still in the creation stage and we are very
        interested in
        > incorporating as many ideas and people as we can from the known world.
        >
        > Could you please share this with your Kingdoms listing this email as a
        > contact point? We truly wish to be able to gather as much information as
        > possible so that the
        event is as spectacular as it has the potential to be.

        > Thank You,
        >
        > Mistress Alys Graye

      • John Edgerton
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 17, 2011
          Interesting idea.  Any thoughts on how to score the documentation and garb?

          Jon

          Sent: Wed, Dec 7, 2011 21:14:16 GMT+00:00
          From: Alys Cole <alysmouse1@...>
          > Subject: SCA 50 Year Annaversary
          >
          > Greetings to the Seneschals of the Known World,
          >
          > The 50 year anniversary
          > of the SCA is just a few years away.  The West Kingdom is putting a bid
          > together to host this event.  We want to know what you want to see at
          > the event.  Please send us your ideas, requests,
          offers to help....
          > This is still in the creation stage and we are very
          interested in
          > incorporating as many ideas and people as we can from the known world.
          >
          > Could you please share this with your Kingdoms listing this email as a
          > contact point? We truly wish to be able to gather as much information as
          > possible so that the
          event is as spectacular as it has the potential to be.

          > Thank You,
          >
          > Mistress Alys Graye

        • Taslen
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
            Jon,

            I would think using standard A&S competition rules, this is then a bonus to getting archers involved in A&S.

            Gaelen

            Sent: Wed, Dec 7, 2011 21:14:16 GMT+00:00
            From: Alys Cole <alysmouse1@...>
            > Subject: SCA 50 Year Annaversary
            >
            > Greetings to the Seneschals of the Known World,
            >
            > The 50 year anniversary
            > of the SCA is just a few years away.  The West Kingdom is putting a bid
            > together to host this event.  We want to know what you want to see at
            > the event.  Please send us your ideas, requests,
            offers to help....
            > This is still in the creation stage and we are very
            interested in
            > incorporating as many ideas and people as we can from the known world.
            >
            > Could you please share this with your Kingdoms listing this email as a
            > contact point? We truly wish to be able to gather as much information as
            > possible so that the
            event is as spectacular as it has the potential to be.

            > Thank You,
            >
            > Mistress Alys Graye

          • Jim Pickette
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
              I really like this idea! I could make garb for Saint Sebastien. It's an easy pattern and documentable.

              What else?

              JoO

              ---- Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
              > I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?
              >
              > Gaelen O'Grady
              >

              > ________________________________

            • John Edgerton
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
                 Would that would be a loin cloth and arrows :-)

                Jon

                ---- Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
                > I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?
                >
                > Gaelen O'Grady
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Jim Pickette
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
                  Would the judges allow me to use blunts?

                  JoO

                  ---- John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
                  > Would that would be a loin cloth and arrows :-)
                  >
                  > Jon
                  > On Dec 18, 2011, at 5:56 AM, Jim Pickette wrote:
                  >
                  > > I really like this idea! I could make garb for Saint Sebastien. It's an easy pattern and documentable.
                  > >
                  > > What else?
                  > >
                  > > JoO
                  > >
                  > > ---- Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
                  > > > I would love to a "period archery tournament" with awards for maybe not just your shooting skills but for dcumentation and garb?
                  > > >
                  > > > Gaelen O'Grady

                • John Edgerton
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
                    I would think so.  However,  you would have to push them them all the way through your body and out the other side to look authentic. I think broad-heads would be less painful. ;-)

                    Jon