The Iconograph​y of Saint Sebastian

  • Caterina Fortuna
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2011
      http://bode.diee.unica.it/~giua/SEBASTIAN/
      The Iconograph​y of Saint Sebastian

      Here is a website to tons of links of paintings & sketches of the archery saint. In the 15C &16C, I see a lot of asiatic composite bows (recurves such as horsebows) depicted and some longbows.  I'm wondering how popular recurves were in Firenze, Italy (Florence) in the 15C & 16C. There almost seems to be more recurves than longbows in Italy. I'm trying to research archery in 16th century Florence. If you know of any good documentable evidence of leather archery goods during that time, please let me know.

      Does anyone have any detailed images of gloves, bracers, tabs, quivers, etc?

      Other websites I find very interesting:
      http://larsdatter.com/archers.htm links to images and images of extant archery pieces.
      On a side note: http://www.loyola.edu/cagliweb/2005/maggiemednikoff/index.html has pictures of an Italian medieval archery group. I am just not sure how authentic they strive for.

      --
      YIS,
      Signora Caterina Fortuna

    • Taslen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2011
        Good Lady,

        It sounds like some fun research good luck!

        Gaelen O'Grady AoA
        Midrealm archery marshal of the field