Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Arrow question

  • Ron Hockett
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 7, 2011
      Since I make arrows a have a spline tester, and check them often. I
      live in the Seattle area and flew to San Diego for work and shot
      there. The arrows were in my bow case in luggage. I have spoken to
      several long time bowyers and arrowsmiths and they said that the cedar
      bales were most likely the reason. The arrows were made for the bow
      and had been shot only couple months prior even though they were made
      a year before (I have several hundred arrows made up for my bows, I
      have 8). I have been using the sitka spruce arrows since and had no
      issues, in fact I am back in San Diego and have my bow with me and
      will be shooting this week. No, I have not noticed any change in the
      spline of the spruce (and I do check).