Hawks Haven Grand Archery Tournament Update

  • Randal of Camusfearna
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
      The following information has been submitted for the January issue of The Page:

      January, 21, 2012
      Hawks Haven Grand Archery Tournament
      Canton of Hawks Haven (Morgan Hill, CA)

      The Canton of Hawks Haven summons and invites all archers and crossbowmen to our annual Medieval Archery Tournament! Test your skills against the best archers of the West Kingdom. Honor, infamy and prizes await those who are the top shot. We will be running Royal Rounds & will submit scores to IKAC. Those who wish to vie for that coveted honor of “The Hood” of Darkwood may also compete. Prizes will be awarded to the three highest scores in each bracket.

      We also invite the legendary chefs and bakers of the West Kingdom to come and compete in A Taste of Hawks Haven: The Grand Cullinary Competition. Prepare your most delicious period dish and bring it for the populous to taste and vote on. Glory and prizes await the one who can create the most  epic and delicious dish! Allez Cuisine!

      Site Information: Machado School, at 15130 Sycamore Drive, Morgan Hill, CA 95037-9699. Site fee is $5 (+$5 Non Member Surcharge). Site opens at 9am, Tournament begins at 11am, Site closes at 6pm

      Autocrat: Carrick McBrian O’Bedlam/ Atrus Winklebleck/ 16385 Carlson Drive, Morgan Hill, CA 95037/ (408) 504-0640/ atrus_mctaggart@...

      Directions: Take Highway 101 to the Tennant Ave exit in Morgan Hill. If you are northbound on 101, turn left and cross the overpass. If you are southbound, turn right on Tennant. Tennant becomes Edmundson when you cross Monterey Road. Turn left on Sunnyside. Turn right on Sycamore. Machado School is on the left after you cross a narrow bridge.
    • Jim Pickette
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
        My good Lord,

        I am an archer and especially thrown weapopns in Calontir. Where is the Canton of Hawks Haven, in both Kingdom and modern geography?

        Your Studious Servant,

        James of Odo, Fidelibus
        Lonely Tower of Calontir

        ---- Randal of Camusfearna <randal_of_camusfearna@...> wrote:
        > The following information has been submitted for the January issue of The Page:
        >
        > January, 21, 2012
        > Hawks Haven Grand Archery Tournament
        > Canton of Hawks Haven (Morgan Hill, CA)
        >
        > The Canton of Hawks Haven summons and invites all archers and crossbowmen to our annual Medieval Archery Tournament! Test your skills against the best archers of the West Kingdom. Honor, infamy and prizes await those who are the top shot. We will be running Royal Rounds & will submit scores to IKAC. Those who wish to vie for that coveted honor of “The Hood” of Darkwood may also compete. Prizes will be awarded to the three highest scores in each bracket.
        >
        > We also invite the legendary chefs and bakers of the West Kingdom to come and compete in A Taste of Hawks Haven: The Grand Cullinary Competition. Prepare your most delicious period dish and bring it for the populous to taste and vote on. Glory and prizes await the one who can create the most  epic and delicious dish! Allez Cuisine!
        >
        > Site Information: Machado School, at 15130 Sycamore Drive, Morgan Hill, CA 95037-9699. Site fee is $5 (+$5 Non Member Surcharge). Site opens at 9am, Tournament begins at 11am, Site closes at 6pm
        >
        > Autocrat: Carrick McBrian O’Bedlam/ Atrus Winklebleck/ 16385 Carlson Drive, Morgan Hill, CA 95037/ (408) 504-0640/ atrus_mctaggart@...
        >
        > Directions: Take Highway 101 to the Tennant Ave exit in Morgan Hill. If you are northbound on 101, turn left and cross the overpass. If you are southbound, turn right on Tennant. Tennant becomes Edmundson when you cross Monterey Road. Turn left on Sunnyside. Turn right on Sycamore. Machado School is on the left after you cross a narrow bridge.
      • mike
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
          Hawks Haven is in the Kingdom of the West, Barony of Darkwood. (Modern world that is in the City of Gilroy, state of California.)
          It is a Barony I had the privilege of being an original officer for and stayed an Honorary member of long after. It is a wonderful shoot.

          Master Michael of Worcester,Baronial Champion,Archery Champion,of Sundragon

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
            Sorry that should have been Morgan Hill, CAlifornia, not Gilroy. They are close to each other south of San Jose, California.
            Master Michael

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
              Master Michael,

              Thank you for clearing up the location, and for your praise for the shoot! I forgot to add more detail for the posting to this SCA-wide list. I've already replied privately to Lord James.

              Have no fear, you are still an Honorary Member of Darkwood, and will be most welcome if you ever have an opportunity to visit us!! And don't worry, Gilroy and Morgan Hill are both in Darkwood, as are San Martin, Holister, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Salinas and King City. The mighty oak will shelter you as you travel far and wide in our lovely lands.

              Yours in Service,
              Randal of Camusfearna