Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Archers Knives And Short Swords

  • Hiroshi Thomas
    Message 1 of 58 , Nov 4, 2011
      You may want to check out http://www.triedandtruearmory.com the swords there are geared towards low budget collectors without sacrificing quality.

      -Hiroshi

      On 11/4/2011 10:24 AM, Colonel wrote:

      Interesting that you should say that swords have been missing on the line. I am new to SCA and I have seen the comfortable garb worn by archers at the range. However, I am a military historian at heart and I am working on getting a battle appearance to wear. So far I have an English War Hat for a helmet (Kingdon of Heavan) to go with my archer's outfit. My next purchase will be a Sir William Marshall style sword to wear. Eventually I am going to try wearing both with a chainmail shirt as well. I guess I just like punishment, lol, but I wish to have an authentic appearance for events and living history.
      Last weekend I was pleased to have the chance to weild a Damascus Folded Blade William Marshll Sword to see what a really good one felt like. Its balance was fantastic but its cost is beyond my thinking about getting one. $700 is the going price, but hey, for all you rich guys out there, it is now on sale for $471. Hmmmm let's see, $471 for a new sword, and then thousands for a divorce - nahhhhhhhh.

      Thomas of Altan (new handle - whatcha think?)

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

      > Gladius,
      >
      > Sounds like a great idea it's something I notice alot on the archery line missing from garb. How bout a link back to your site when you get them online I personally would be looking befitting of a crusader archer.
      >
      > Gaelen

    • Taslen
      Message 58 of 58 , Nov 8, 2011
        hopefully we can drum up some buisness you way,

        Gaelen