Re: [SCA-Archery] another Question About Crossbows

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
      Ld. Eduard,

      What you are describing sounds like a Crossbowman crossbow.  Of course it could be a very early model Powermaster.  The first Powermasters back in the late 40s had push up releases as did later Powermaster pistol crossbows.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

      >At 10:29 AM 11/2/2011, you wrote:

      Christian,  I have one of the Power-Master bows also.  Mine still has the steal cable for a string.  The trigger is has a double hook holding the cable which would probably destroy a fiber type of string.  The guide rails for the bolt are also aluminum.

      Ld. Eduard deWitte

      [SCA-Archery] another Question About Crossbows

      Ok since we are on the subject of Crossbows,I have another question..At our local Gun Show I picked up crossbow  for $20.00 and it works great.. It is called a PowerMaster,I did find out it was made in the early 70's by Wham-o-    yes   Wham-o-.It is made all of wood except for the bow part which is heavy aluminum.Well my question is how do I test it to find out what poundage it is? Using the foot brace I can cock it using 2 hands but it would be nice to know how strong it is.... Thanks Christain...