Newbie

  • kerovick
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 12 9:25 PM
      Hello all, I'm completlly new to this but seriouslly thinking about taking
      it up as a hobby. Any advice? I'm going to Pennsic this year and I need to
      buy a bow. Are there any merchants that have better wares? Can I shoot at
      Pennsic or do I have to be authorized? Once again I'm completlly new to
      this and need alitle guidance. Thanks
    • Forrester
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 4, 2004
        Your best bet is to go to a Tandy or a leather Factory (same company) and
        buy a spray can of either Super Sheen , or Leather Sheen (same product
        different packaging) Tandy Super Sheen Spray 11 oz #2200100

        Tandy Super Sheen in a 11 oz aerosol can allows you to put a clear,
        flexible and durable, water-repellent finish on leathers.
        and spray two coats (or a third would not hurt) over the quiver. What this
        does is to finish the leather it also brings the color out more. When you
        put this on at first it has a nice shine but that will wear quickly but you
        will have a quiver that will bleed colors.

        I have been making custom leather products for ten years and have made lots
        of quivers and not one has bled when I use the sheen.

        Forrester