Fw: [greatwesternwar] GWW Archery Schedual

  • Jessica E Baas
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
      Here is the GWW Range Schedule from the steward. It should be posted on the website shortly.

      THL Christina

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
        Some of the shoots sound very interesting! What is the format for the 1000 Arrow shoot and for the Night Clout? We have Bows and Blades coming up in An Tir and we have the space for Clout Rounds. A night one sounds intriguing!

        IS,
        Evrard de Valogne, OGGS

        From: Jessica E Baas <divinite@...>
        Sender: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
        To: <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [SCA-Archery] Fw: [greatwesternwar] GWW Archery Schedual

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
          I'm hoping James Everglad is on the list so he can explain how the 1000 arrow shoot will work.

          For the night clout, we meet at dusk and prep everyone's arrows (depending on how many show up, archers get either 3 or 6 arrows to use). We use mini-glo sticks & packing tape so they're easily visible, taped under the fletching. The glo sticks are very light, so don't have much affect on the arrows. I think our highest was 23 archers, and all of them in volley looks amazing!

          We use large, ultra-bright glo sticks to mark our target (typically 3 rings, worth 1, 3, 5 points). Since it's very dark, depth perception is a bit weird. We have been putting center ring at about 120 yards (so it's a rather short clout) which compensates for the slight weight addition of the glo sticks and the limited vision.

          I've purchased our glo sticks from www.glowwithus.com, a wholesale dealer. We use:
          Pieces of Green 1.5 Inch Glow Fishing Sticks 4.5mm Dia. (green shows up best and burns brightest/longest from our field testing)
          Green 6 Inch Glow Sticks (10mm Dia.) Individually Foil Packed (for our target markers)

          THL Christina

          From: Jessica E Baas <divinite@...>
          Sender: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
          To: <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011

            greetings

            actually many of the shoots at this event and others sound interesting.
            is there currently a web page that lists details and formats for the many creative shoots the society has come up with ?
            if so would someone please send me a link, as I would like to add it to my ( currently in need of updating ) web pages.
            if not would people be interested in sending me copies of the details and formats , so that I could add a new page to my web pages , so that anyone anywhere could access them to use for their shoots .
            >blackmoonarchery.com<
            thanx
            Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
            Arthur
            cao , ansteorra

            From: Jessica E Baas <divinite@...>
            Sender: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
            To: <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

            No virus found in this message.

          • James Kaspert
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
              The 1000 arrow shoot is an event to demonstrate stamina in an archer. The event is a long shoot. This is usually done at the end of a season and will exhaust the archer for a few day after.  Archers that are not prepared can cause great injury to themselves. We only have a two butts and we will be shooting at a fast pace. Archer must have more than 16 arrows because we are shooting at 10 to 15 yards away(arrows will get broken). It is important that if you plan on competing in any other archery event, this is not the event for you.

              James Everglad
              SRM
              Altavia

              From: Jessica E Baas <divinite@...>
              Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
                What are the rules for the GWW Championship shot?

                Jon

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
                  The GWW Championship shoot is our traditional double elimination royal round format. First round is a challenge round, all rounds after that are random pairings based off win/loss.

                  THL Christina

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 8, 2011
                    Sounds like fun.

                    Thank you.