Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Looking for crossbow info from the Southeast US

  • Scott B. Jaqua
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19 7:27 AM
      On 7/19/2011 10:09 AM, i_griffen wrote:

      Not Hunting Trying to get people in Adrian Empire that target crossbows can be used in these areas. the areas I mentioned are saying they cannot use them at all trying to find out why. I don't understand their reasoning because you in the SCA have been using them for years.

      After I get the needed info I will then present it to the Adrians for their consideration.

      In short we are trying to bring target crossbows into the Adrian Empire.

      Iain Griffen

      Duke of Cyprus
      Knight of the Empire

      In Tennessee there are no leagal restrictions on the use of target crossbow (beyond those for any sort of archery). That being said, many private and public ranges post rules against crossbows. This because of the power of modern hunting crossbows and the short length of crossbow bolts. Inconsiderate people in the past have destroyed target butts digging buried crossbow bolts out.

      The solution for most sites, is with the site owner's permission, set-up your own target stands for crossbow use. Use a Saunders mat or Ether foam target to stop crossbow bolts.

      Njall
      --
      Scott B. Jaqua
      Hagerson Forge