Re: [SCA-Archery] Number of target archers

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
      Thank you.

      Jon
      On Jun 28, 2011, at 11:59 AM, Taslen wrote:

      I have asked our archer general for her input off hand from what I have seen I could give you a count of at least 50. BUT that is not a total.for the midrealm.

      Gaelen O'Grady
      Archery marshal of the field

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
        Greetings

        Speaking as a former Archer-General of the Middle, I know that there are 84 living members of the Greenwood Company, the senior (Grant-level) missile weapons Order (but some are inactive, some are thrown-weapons, and others reside in different kingdoms). There are 165 target archery marshals currently listed in the marshals database. There are 82 local groups, both (74) full-status and (8) incipient. From all of this, I'd be willing to estimate a very rough number of perhaps 350 to 450 target archers in the Mid, given that some groups wouldn't have any at all, but other groups would have CGC's, marshals, and plenty of archers who show up for practices. It'd tend to even out overall, so a guess of maybe 5 or 6 per local shire or canton as a statistical average isn't wildly off-kilter. Take it with however many grains of salt you feel are needed.

        Nigel

        --
        "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
        -
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
          John,

          At this point the consensus seems to be between 350 and 450 personally I lean towards the high side. I have yet to hear back from our archer general yet and oh yed we have 165 warranted Marshal's

          Gaelen O'Grady

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 29, 2011
            if you really want the numbers of archers in the kingdom of atenveldt there are two thing that you can try. send an email to royalarcher@... or post a message on aten-archer@yahoogroups.com

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

            > John,
            >
            > At this point the consensus seems to be between 350 and 450 personally I lean towards the high side. I have yet to hear back from our archer general yet and oh yed we have 165 warranted Marshal's
            >
            > Gaelen O'Grady

          • John Edgerton
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 29, 2011
              I tried the royal archer address before with no reply, but I will try it again.

              I just tried aten-archer@yahoogroups.com and got a message from yahoo groups that says ...

              "Your message was sent to a group that does not exist.  Please check
              to make sure you spelled the group name correctly."

              Thank you

              Jon

            • John Edgerton
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 29, 2011
                I just posted a message to  aten-archery@yahoogroups.com which did not bounce.

                Jon

                On Jun 29, 2011, at 7:49 PM, i_griffen wrote:

                if you really want the numbers of archers in the kingdom of atenveldt there are two thing that you can try. send an email to royalarcher@... or post a message on aten-archer@yahoogroups.com

                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

                > John,
                >
                > At this point the consensus seems to be between 350 and 450 personally I lean towards the high side. I have yet to hear back from our archer general yet and oh yed we have 165 warranted Marshal's
                >
                > Gaelen O'Grady

              • John Edgerton

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 30, 2011
                    John,

                    I will let you know if I get a offical total

                    Gaelen

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 30, 2011
                      Thank you.

                      Jon