Re: French Noble Archers

  • bluecat@neo.rr.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14, 2011
      What an excellent read!

      It really helps to have hard numbers and statistics to show. The tables are really excellent, amply displaying
      the increase of archers in percentage over time.

      I also find the table of income to military requirements most interesting. The ratio of providing archers
      versus other men at arms with other weapons seems to be 2 to one, the archers having a greater priority. That
      would not surprise me as tactically they would have range, which as we all know means survivability.

      Thanks for posting this paper, and well done Master Thorvald!

      Dirk Edward of Frisia
    • Renny Ridgway
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2011
        Just putting this out there. If anyone is interested, I am looking to to sell my wonderful Howard Hill longbow to make room to purchase another longbow.
        The longbow  model is the Halfbreed: 1 Bamboo & 4 Yew laminates, Bocote (pistol grip) handle. 70" long, 37# @29" draw. The bow is in great shape with no problems. It retails new for $550 without the extra lamination and shipping. I would like to get $400 for it.

        If anyone is interested in it or wants to see a picture let me know.

        Ren / Tristan deVer

      • Taslen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2011
          Tristan,

          It sounds beautiful and out of my price range sorry to say.

          Gaelen O'Grady