I been building my crossbow but run into a question

  • magnus
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 5:38 PM
      is there a good vid or wepage on puting the prod and stock together with sinue?
    • frode_kettilsson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31 6:30 PM
        Greetings Magnus!
        Try these folks;

        http://thearbalistguild.forumotion.com/

        particularly this thread;

        http://thearbalistguild.forumotion.com/t121-fastening-a-tie-on-prod

        and the photo essay referred to therein;

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/swifthoundbows/sets/72157622267795263/with/3927965964/

        I used this to tie my first prod, after doing a dry run with some cheap craft hemp twine, and it worked quite well.

        (In this example, 170# waxed hemp and artificial sinew were used, which I'm told is period appropriate.)

        Cheers,
        Frode

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "magnus" <magnus_sca@...> wrote:

        > is there a good vid or wepage on puting the prod and stock together with sinue?

      • John Edgerton
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31 6:35 PM
          Try

          for an excellent article with photos.  This is the way I have been using ever since I read the article.  It uses cord, but you can use sinew instead,

          Jon
          On May 31, 2011, at 5:38 PM, magnus wrote:

          is there a good vid or wepage on puting the prod and stock together with sinue?

        • John Moore
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31 7:18 PM
            Second on the one posted by Sir John.  It comes with pictures and destruction's.  Well instructions but for some they might be the former

            Iaen Mor
            Ansteorra

            On 5/31/2011 8:35 PM, John Edgerton wrote: Try