RE: [SCA-Archery] twist limbs

  • Shurgin,Gary
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2000
      I was told a long time ago, taht it takes time and patience to straigten bow
      limbs. First you need a flat area the bow will lay on while you are trying
      to fix it.
      Then you need moist air. If it's really muggy out, you can try working with
      that. Gently bend limbs in direction you need to correct it in. Use a slow
      movement, and hold for a second. Don't overtwist. Do that a few times.
      Take to dry area, and lay it evenly, whether pegs (which I prefer) or flat
      surface. I guess, using steam will help also. It takes a couple of weeks.
      I haven't tried in a long time to do this, and am not sure.
      Another was when laying or pegging to string the bow in rest. backwards.
      (The archery shop I got my bow does this) and let it hang. The string is a
      straight line from point to point, and it's supposed to keep the limbs even.
      Any other thoughts?

      Roewynne