Re: [SCA-Archery] Crossbow string ends - ARG!

  • Alberic
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2000
      Siegfreid:

      As others have already noted, it's probably not a burr, but rather
      simply the concentration of force right at the knocking point. On my
      big bows, #250+, I use stainless washers that slip on over the nocking
      points, and are bent double so that they spread out the force. Seems to
      work pretty well. I've never had strings fail from loop chafe. Iolo's
      older aluminium prods had the seats of the knocking areas filed out so
      that they weren't such a harsh angle when the bow was drawn. The
      leather washers someone else suggested also seem like a sensible
      suggestion. (Cheap + can't hurt = good idea.)

      Cheers-
      Alberic