Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Rings

  • bradb@micro-link.net
    Message 1 of 32 , May 9 2:17 AM

      > Are there any other kingdoms with arcarius/student archers?

      Æthelmearcs' "Scarlet Guard", the High Order of Merit grant level award
      for target archery, take 'students'.

      Brada

      > Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"
      > >

      > > At 03:41 PM 5/8/2011, you wrote:
      >>

      >>greetings
      >>
      >>in some kingdoms grant level archers do take students in the don cadet
      >> style.
      >>in ansteorra, the arc d'or may and often do take
      >>students we call arcarius, with our white bracers, and their red bracers
      >> .
      >>
      >>just thought i would let you know : )
      >>
      >>Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
      >>Arthur
    • Randal of Camusfearna
      Message 32 of 32 , May 15 9:42 AM
        Carolus,

        Hawken did not really use Wikipedia as his citable source, but rather Woodward's A Treatise on Heraldry, which happened to be mentioned in the Wikipedia article. He also stated this was not his only source. I realize why people don't trust Wikipedia's accuracy, but it is a good place to start a search in order to locate "primary" sources.

        Randal