Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Introduction

  • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2000
      Good Gentles, In my response last evening about straightening out limbs
      of bows, I neglected to mention that a whole lot of c clamps with shims
      will be helpful to clamp the bow after it has been wrapped. I've only
      made a couple of bows
      and they have worked out okay. I also mentioned Bingham as a source for
      information and supplies. I have included a text only of their web-page
      below. They can be very helpful to first time bowyers.
      And they provide a step by step guide to building laminated bows which
      can be applied to bow repair. At the least, it will give you a better
      working knowledge of bows and their construction.
      Fondly,
      Geoffrei
      1350 Hinckley Drive, Ogden, Utah 84401-3375
      (801) 399-3470 voice (801) 399-3471 24 hr. fax
      info@...
      Why Not Make
      Your Own Bow?

      With materials and procedures for laminating and shaping traditional
      bows --- all at a very low price.
      Offering Bow Kits and Laminations for Building Recurves, Take-Down
      Recurves, Longbows, Take-Down Longbows, Youth Take-Down Recurves, and
      Youth Longbows.

      Fully Illustrated Instructions, full-size Blueprints & Instructional
      Videos for the Recurve,Take-Down Recurve & Longbow, Take-Down Longbow,
      and Youth Bows. Video Formatting in NTSC (North America), Pal & Secam
      Limb Core Laminations - Tapers & Parallels in Coreflex/Super Action
      Maple (natural, brown, gray & green mtn. camo), Red Elm (flat and edge
      grain), Osage, Walnut, Hard Rock Maple, Zebra, & Tonken Cane Bamboo
      (natural and tempered)
      Laminated Coreflex/Superaction Maple, Riser Kits, & Solid Block Risers
      to match or contrast Limb Lamination woods

      Laminating Press Kits
      Laminating Press Heat Strip Systems
      Epoxy Glues - Epon/Versamid & Smooth-On
      Phenolic (Linen) in Colors
      Rose City Archery Premium Port Orford Cedar Shafts
      Bow Accessories & Related Supplies
      QUANTITY PRICING AVAILABLE
      --New & Reduced 100 & 200 Piece Pricing

    • Brad Boda d'Aylward
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2000
        greytaylor@... wrote:

        > Good gravy, Lad!
        >
        > Before you consign a bow to a bandsaw let me make you an offer for
        > it. I guarantee to be a responsible adult, be careful, and not hold
        > you to blame if I hurt myself. But don't be cutting a bow up into
        > little pieces!
        >
        > Taillear

        I'll bear you in mind the next time I see a poor piece of equipment like I'd seen that
        day. Geoffrei's post is a good incentive to try saving the next one I see. Didn't know
        how before this. I had no experience and no info on how to save the thing so......
        sorry.

        Boy, you learn all sorts of things on this list.

        Brad