Re: varment hunting

  • Dan Stratton
    Message 1 of 8 , May 7, 2011

      >Actually, we can't make any sweeping generalizations here. "SCA period"

      >covers a vast range of space, time, and culture, much of it poorly- or
      >totally un-documented, so that we can't make blanket statements about
      >"poaching", or much of anything else for
      that matter.
      >Even if we only discuss medieval Western Europe...
      Just a footnote: "The Royal Forests of England" is that discussion - from the records.
      It's available online in a free pdf download. Google finds it easily. Worth the read if this interests you.
      Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
      Midrealm Forester - OP
      "- bows of carved wood strong for use, with well-seasoned strings of hemp, and arrows sharp-pointed whizzing in flight."