refreshments for Pennsic Archery Champs

  • Susan Kell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2011
      Hi all -

      Just wanted to get the word out:

      Camp Kellswood & Friends is again intending to take care of refreshments for
      the archery champions team competition at Pennsic 40, and will be very glad
      to put the generosity of the archery community to good use.

      This year, however, our camp will not have the valuable service of our
      cherished "drudge", Maude of Old Church, as she cannot attend Pennsic; she
      has always been the primary force behind the shopping, chopping and
      schlepping. So, this seems a good time to for us to request help, with an
      eye to "passing the torch". Kellswood & Friends has performed this service
      for mumbledy years now (gotta figure out just how long!) and it all started
      because Master Li and I did not want to see our friends -- from both
      sides -- dropping in the heat. If you know of a group that would be
      interested in working with us this year and committing to taking on this
      project for at least a few years going forward, please ask a representative
      to get in touch with me. Feel free to pass this message along wherever it
      might be of interest.

      Warm wishes,
      Ygraine

      ( Mistress Ygraine of Kellswood: ygraine at kellswood dot com )
    • James Koch
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2011
        Ygraine,

        One of my favorite things about the archery champions shoot is the break for lunch.  It's a great time to relax and socialize.  The Kellswood folks and friends provide a great public service.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

        >    At 05:33 PM 4/25/2011, you wrote:

        Hi all -

        Just wanted to get the word out:

        Camp Kellswood & Friends is again intending to take care of refreshments for
        the archery champions team competition at Pennsic 40, and will be very glad
        to put the generosity of the archery community to good use.

        This year, however, our camp will not have the valuable service of our
        cherished "drudge", Maude of Old Church, as she cannot attend Pennsic; she
        has always been the primary force behind the shopping, chopping and
        schlepping. So, this seems a good time to for us to request help, with an
        eye to "passing the torch". Kellswood & Friends has performed this service
        for mumbledy years now (gotta figure out just how long!) and it all started
        because Master Li and I did not want to see our friends -- from both
        sides -- dropping in the heat. If you know of a group that would be
        interested in working with us this year and committing to taking on this
        project for at least a few years going forward, please ask a representative
        to get in touch with me. Feel free to pass this message along wherever it
        might be of interest.

        Warm wishes,
        Ygraine

        ( Mistress Ygraine of Kellswood: ygraine at kellswood dot com )

      • ygrainek
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2011
          Thanks, Gladius!
          Ygraine