Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: How to run a Baronial Archery Championship?

  • Taslen
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 7, 2011

      From: Luta <pjmitchell55@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, April 6, 2011 10:05:55 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: How to run a Baronial Archery Championship?

      Somehow I recently already stumbled upon this paper, and intend to incorporate some of the ideas into the competion I am putting together. In fact it got me to thinking about how I can have some "fun" challenges while still being more ... medieval .. or traditional. Hopefully I can memorize some of the history to pass along to the participants.

      Luta

      > For some ideas on Medieval and Renaissance archery targets and competitions see the files section for"Period Targets and Competitiions":

      > Jon
      >
      > On Apr 5, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Luta wrote:
      >
      > > Thank you! Just the kind of input I need! My thinking is that besides Royal Rounds for anyone who wants to shoot, to have some "fun" challenges,open to all throughout the first half of the day. Then at some point in the afternoon announce that we're going into the official championship rounds for those who want to compete for the title of Baronial Arhcery Chamption. So I would think I'll need a couple skill challenges to whittle that initial field down to a certain number - maybe 8? Then quickly down to 4, then 2 for the final showdown?? Does this sound logical?
      > >
      > > I like the idea of the clay pigeons or know down targest before shooting at a common target. Hmmm ...
      > >
      > > Again, thanks for the input ... a couple people have been kind enough to also respond privately.
      > >
      > > Many thanks!
      > >
      > > Luta.

      I will look these over too for our event one idea I had was a "period" event for the most authentic gard and equipment

      Gaelen