Robin Hood Archery, Rapier & Thrown Weapons Tourney- CAID - Barony of the Angels

  • rayne_of_angels
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2011

      Greetings one and all!

      The Barony of the Angels invites you to come out and attend the Robin Hood Archery, Rapier & Thrown Weapons Tournament on Saturday, April 30, 2011.  It will be held at the Woodley Park Archery range in Van Nuys, CA.   (Voyagers May Day, originally scheduled for this day, has been postponed to a later date.)

      Scheduled Activities for the day:
      Different novelty shoots for archery including a modified clout
      Rapier scenarios
      Thrown weapons

      For those not so inclined to shoot, throw or poke things we will also have:
      Fiber Play Day
      Art & Science competition

      We will NOT be having archery authorizations at the event, so please make sure to be authorized if you plan on shooting.

      The Arts & Science competition will have two winners.  There will be one winner for overall A&S, as well as one winner for Best Archery-themed entry.  Documentation is not mandatory but greatly appreciated.

      Merchants will be in attendance so please also plan on supporting our local artists.

      Lunch will not be provided; however, there will be snacks available to purchase at Gate, as well as a list of local eateries for those who wish to dine off site.  Make sure to bring lots of water and sunblock!

      We look forward to seeing everyone at Robin Hood!

      Site opens at 8:00 am
      Lists open at 9:30 am
      Opening Court at 10:00 am
      Closing Court at 4:00 pm
      Site closes at 5:00 pm

      Site fee: $5.00 for members, $5.00 additional for non-member surcharge. Children under 5 are guests of the Barony. Make checks payable to SCA, Inc./Barony of the Angels.

      THIS IS A VERY DRY SITE. CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AT ALL TIMES. PETS ARE ALLOWED IN THE PARK BUT NOT INSIDE THE ARCHERY RANGE. Leash laws are in effect. Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the park.

      All merchants are invited to vend at the Robin Hood Tourney. Please contact Baroness Morgaine FitzStephen at SCA-CAID-Merchants@yahoogroups.com.

      Event Stewards:  Lady Rayne Archer of Annan & Lady Antoinette Rosaura dela Villaverde (robinhood@...)