Pale information

  • Cleve Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2011
      Passed along per request

      Eadric of Grenfeld

      Cleve Johnson

      "Archers make people quiver"

      Hello all!

      Please share this on any and all elists within the Kingdom, please :-)
      Seneschals at all levels, please print this and keep it in your files.
      Share it with your event autocrats.

      We're experiencing a major problem with Pale ads: many are not
      including all of the Required Information, and that means HL Gunnar,
      Pale editor, has to spend a lot of time emailing back and forth to
      obtain this required information. This delays the Pale getting to the
      printer, and it results in  your Pale coming later than usual.

      Many are also coming in right AT or considerably AFTER deadlines. This
      Has To Stop, Deadlines are there for a reason.

      PLEASE, all seneschals and prospective event autocrats, when you
      submit ad copy to The Pale, please remember these required points:

      DEADLINE: the deadline for the May Pale is April 1, 2011. No Foolin'
      :-) Ad copy received after that time runs the risk of NOT being
      printed, even if you do provide all of the required information.
      Deadline is always the first of the preceding month, with exceptions
      for August and January; those deadlines are even earlier!

      REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR A PALE EVENT AD:

      Event Name
      Sponsoring Group (incipient groups, include your sponsoring group with your ad)
      Dates (day month, year)
      Times Open/Closed
      Site Address (street, town, zip)
      Site Fees (adult, minor, camping, family cap, etc.)
      Simple Directions to Site (no maps; save that for your event website)
      Name of autocrat (Real)
      Name of autocrat(SCA)
      Address of autocrat
      Phone number of autocrat

      Other Useful Information:

      autocrat's email address
      child care/activities information
      accessibility information
      list of activities

      Note, the email address is NICE but not required. The (or one of the)
      autocrat(s) must provide COMPLETE contact information, including real
      name, SCA name, complete street address, and a telephone number. We
      are often missing the autocrat's contact information. This is required
      at the corporate level.

      Graphics: no copyrighted graphics. If you include them with your ad,
      please tell us where you got it.

      For this information and more, see the Pale page at midrealm.org:
      http://www.midrealm.org/chronicler/pale/

      If you have questions, please let me or HL Gunnar know, we'd be glad
      to help you!

      Thank you all so much,

      Banbharun Siobhan O'Neill
      Middle Kingdom Chronicler