Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: E-BOOK LISTING

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 17, 2011
      I see no problem with listing a site in the Links section of this group.  But, at this time I think it best that no books be put in the files section.

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, group owner

      On Mar 17, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Carl Nelson wrote:

      thats why the three sites I posted are so good they have gone and legally obtained scanned copies of books that are otherwise no longer in print or under copy write, and yes one site does sell books there by paying royalties to the authors.

      On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:52 AM, richard johnson <rikjohnson39@...> wrote:

      the copyright problem is THE big issue.
      I don;t want to steal $$ from the authors.
      I may borrow a bootleg copy of a SC but always buy the original when i can for many reasons, legality being one, quality being another, ethics being still another.

      I have a number of e-books on aarchery that i KNOW are in public domain, but others may not be simply because someone bought a book and decided to scan it for a friend who gave it to a friend and before anyone knew it, the thing was being spread all over the world.

      The copyright issue may destroy this project.