Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 3614 Crown in Caid: Big bear

  • JohnBorOx@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2011

      This does provoke some memories...   Wasn't Edward one of the contestants?  He might have won then....
      Can't remember for sure.  Will have to dig through my Crown Prints to see if I can find it...
        I know at the time they were mentioning that folks had to show some talents in areas other than fighting.  One or more were said to be able to dance...  not sure what else was mentioned.  age, injuries and time cause CRS Syndrome.....

      I do remember having a glorious photo of Countess Tressa in a  red dress.  Maybe she was Queen then?  Then again she always dressed like a queen....

      I HATE CRS!!!!!!!

      respectfully

      John Bor Ox

      In a message dated 3/11/2011 7:14:38 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com writes:
      That was in Big Bear. I was there but don't remember who was fighting.
      The thin air had both finalists so worn out they settled the matter by a
      chess game. Organized arts and sciences have never been a part of
      Caidan crown.
      Carolus
      who has lived in Caid since principality days.
    • Carolus
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2011
        The talents in areas other than fighting are the corporate requirements
        for peerages. Courtly demeanor, knowledge of period games such as
        chess, dance, music, etc. wasn't crown related.
        Carolus