Re: [SCA-Archery] Crown Tournament

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 9 6:15 PM
      Gentlemen & Ladies,

      Let's assume for the sake of argument that no such legal impediments existed.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

      >At 08:10 PM 3/9/2011, John Chapin wrote:

      You would have to change society law to do so and if you even tried it the backlash would cause the death of combat archery and rapier.

      Thorarinn Grjotgardhsson

      On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 6:12 PM, James Koch <alchem@...> wrote:

      Gentlemen & Ladies,

      Since there is no great debate at the moment, here is an idea for
      your consideration and discussion. Occasionally crown tournament
      ought to be decided by an archery competition. We could rotate. One
      time crown tournament would be a fencing rapier tournament, another
      time it would involve a day long archery competition. Another time
      it might be a pie baking competition or a pie fight. You get the picture.

      It might be a bit difficult to institute the above scenario. So
      short of an actual archery crown tournament, how would you work
      archery into a more typical crown tournament? This could include
      both combat and target archery.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

    • John R. Edgerton
      Message 47 of 47 , Apr 18, 2013
        I am considering modifying the crouch so the archer only has to crouch while aiming and releasing. They may stand while nocking and drawing.

        Jon

        "lynn.palmieri" <lynn.palmieri@...> wrote:

        John,

        I like the challenge overall.  My only concern would be for those of us with damaged knees.  I personally am unable to crouch and hold that position to shoot.  Getting up and down of the ground is challenging, but doable, however it may depend on the state of the ground (i.e. fine dirt or mud vs. grass).  I know you said it would be the marshal’s choice, but these two options may need to be used as last resorts?  Just my $0.02.

        Elynor.