RE: [SCA-Archery] teaching

  • Block, Alan W
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 9:44 AM
      I just finished the week of teaching archery at cub scout day camp. This
      involved getting certified as a rangemaster in the BSA and then supervising
      120 kids at a time for an hour, 4 times a day. I was not the only one
      there. The range director was an olympic style shooter who loved to impress
      the kids by sliding arrow after arrow into the 10 ring (from 7 yds). There
      were anothr 5 adults supervising too. I brought my longbow and gave a
      little talk on English archery and showed them. They seemed most impressed
      by the war arrows and their bodkins and how far they penetrated the bales
      than anything else. After 5 days you would think that these kids would be
      reasonably proficient. Some were, and some still didnt know which end of
      the bow was up; literaly.