Re: [SCA-Archery] New bow and gear

  • bradb@micro-link.net
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 19, 2011
      uuummmmm............ Target???

      (he...he)

      Brada

      > Sooooo....after having been out of all this for so long, what might I be
      > missing?
      >
      > Dave H

    • Harry Billings
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 21, 2011
        You may be surprised at how much you remember about shooting once you start again. Sort of like riding a bike you never really forget just have ot polish the rough spots.

        plachoya
        Ansteorra

        I understand what you are saying. But what I am saying is that not all these questions can be answered until the bow is used with a beginner set of arrows. Tuning is required, such as point weight and exact shaft cut length, and that requires experimenting. And all that is worthless if the person does not know how to shoot yet. I have not done any significant shooting in over ten years, it is going to take a long time before any worthy shooting form gets developed from which such arrow tuning can take place from. Thus the Catch-22, I need something to get me by until I reach the point it is worth getting tuned. Each dozen arrows after that gets better matched, but it's the first dozen that gets beaten to death in no time. Hence the "ugly" arrows I bought that will at least get me near the target until I improve.

        Dave H