low tech chepo feather burner

  • Elizabeth Pidgeon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2000
      Hi folks
      saw the talk about feather burner and thaught I'd pass along this tip .
      A burner can be made by cutting two thin pieces of sheet metal the shape
      of desired feather and then take a burning wand from the fire blow out the
      flame , place the metal pieces on either side of feather and burn off the
      excess , soulds kind of funky but works really well .
      Enjoy
      Karl
    • Rupert Gaddy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2000
        Yeah it does Karl, it works but man does it stink!!! this one is an out
        in the garage or patio use for sure!!!

        Wonder, it this a period way of doing it?

        Rupert the Persistent

        At 10:46 AM 6/30/00 -0400, you wrote:
        >Hi folks
        >saw the talk about feather burner and thaught I'd pass along this tip .
        > A burner can be made by cutting two thin pieces of sheet metal the shape
        >of desired feather and then take a burning wand from the fire blow out the
        >flame , place the metal pieces on either side of feather and burn off the
        >excess , soulds kind of funky but works really well .
        >Enjoy
        >Karl
        >
        >-
      • Elizabeth Pidgeon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2000
          I can't really say that it is a period methos I lerned it from some
          primitive archers in so.cal.and yes it dose stink .
          Karl
          Message text written by INTERNET:SCA-Archery@egroups.com

          <