Re: [SCA-Archery] New Archer

  • Prince, John
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2000
      Ragnar writes:

      > Welcome to the only sport I find more frustrating than golf!

      Indeed, and at times more embrassing!

      > If you've been off that long, seriously consider getting in touch with a
      > good coach for a few basic lessons on form. If you use bad form
      > consistently, you will start hitting eventually - if you start with good
      > form, you'll hit sooner and get good much sooner. As a former rifle coach
      > of mine used to say "Practice makes good - perfect practice makes perfect".

      Must be a common saying among coaches...that's exactly what my
      fencing coach says. I work at a JC that's just getting an archery
      club starting with plenty of experienced people and the range
      is about 1 mile from college. I find that the range that I practice
      at also has a great bunch of people who are more than willing to
      assist me. After work practice very close!

      > Might I ask where you're located? I may be able to recommend somebody, and
      > no matter where you live I'll bet somebody on the list knows someone good in
      > your area.

      I'm from the Barony of Gyldenholt, Kingdom of Caid. Plenty of willing
      people, finding time to meet is the problem. Mundane life [I hate
      those words...] is intruding a great deal right now.

      Thanks!

      YIS
      Conchobhar Dearg