Oyster Prick!

  • KC
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 28, 2000
      Sorry for the delay in replying to the post on the "Oyster Prick" but I just
      now caught up on some email reading. If you look up the meaning of "prick"
      you will find that one of the definitions is "a mark or small wound made by
      a pointed object" (something we archers do all the time) and some of the
      synonyms for the word are "punch, puncture, perforate, bore, drill" (from
      Webster). If you have ever seen an oyster shell that has been attacked by a
      starfish, you will immediately recognize the wound that they leave, a nice
      clean, round, bore hole about the diameter of an arrow shaft, as a wondrous
      target indeed. I wish I could shoot that well!

      Karrick