RE: [SCA-Archery] Period archery competitions

  • Harry Billings
    Message 1 of 95 , Jan 3, 2011
      Having muddled through a large number of post on this. I have had no problem fouling what Sir Jon wanted in a more period target face for competions. He has not said you must use period equipment. You can shoot at any target face with any bow and arrow you just can not turn in a score to the keeper of the IKAC if you do not use the proper equipment (bow and arrows). From my perspective Oblio has jumped off the deep end on this and gone way over board. This is some this that most of us do for fun. If you have to be better that some one else then there are mundane competitions that winning is what they are all about. Some of them to the extent of it not being safe to leave your equipment unattended for fear it will be messed with (sights adjusted or other twikes).

      plachoya
      Ansteorra

    • Dearg Ailfredsson
      Message 95 of 95 , Jan 8, 2011
        Thank you,
        My life is a Comedy of Arrows

        Dearg.

        Lord Dearg Ailfredsson
        [dare-eg ale-frid-son]
        "Red son of Alfred"
        11th century Gall Gaidhel [gall guy-yell
        a.k.a. "Irish Northman"
        Leather Craftsman, Archer and Huntsman
        Paid SCA member since 2003