Darkwood Winter Archery Tourney & The Taste of Hawks Haven

  • Randal of Camusfearna
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2010
      My copy of the Page finally arrived, so here is the event copy I promised to post far and wide:

      "January 22, 2011
      Darkwood Winter Archery Tourney & The Taste of Hawks Haven
      Canton of Hawks Haven (Morgan Hill, CA)

      Prove your prowess with the deadliest of tools:  The bow, the sword and...the serving spoon!  Join the Barony of Darkwood for our Winter Archery Tourney and participate in the Canton of Hawks Haven's period appetizer cook-off and live-steel bottle-cutting contest!  Archery will be Royal Rounds as usual, with scores submitted for IKAC ranking, including Childrens' Division.  Participants of the period appetizer cook-off may submit any number of entries.  You are encouraged to provide documentation of historical accuracy if possible and to provide enough samples of each entry to allow a wide number of people to enjoy your creation.  The bottle-cutting contest will occur during a brief break in the archery competition.  Bring your sharpened live-steel weapon to participate.  Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each competition!

      Site:  Machado School / 15130 Sycamore Drive / Morgan Hill CA 95037-9699 / Site opens at 9am, Archery begins at 10am.  Medieval appetizers will be presented throughout the day.

      Site fees:  $15 Non-members, $10 Members, $5 for 12 and under, Free for children 5 and under.  Make checks payable to the SCA, Inc. - Canton of Hawks Haven.

      Autocrat:  Jacob of Hawks Haven (Jacob Sanchez) / 17765 Casa Lane / Morgan Hill, CA 95037 / Email:  ducall01@... / Phone:  (408) 607-2433

      Directions:  Highway 101 to Tennant Ave in Morgan Hill.  Northbound on 101, turn left and cross the overpass.  Southbound, turn right on Tennant.  Tennant becomes Edmundson when you cross Monterey Road.  Turn left on Sunnyside.  Turn right on Sycamore.  Machado School is on the left after you cross a narrow bridge."

      As some of you already know, I cannot attend this year, but I hope many of you can make it to enjoy this unique event!

      YIS, Randal of Camusfearna