Edward the Gray

  • Robert Meyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2010
      It is with heavy heart that I write this missive.  Sometime last night or this morning, Edward the Gray (Edward Breyette) passed from this world and into the next.  He will be missed by many.

      Edward shared his knowledge of bow building, fletching and knife making with anyone who wished to learn.  His spirit, even in his declining health never faltered.  His joy when seeing a student successfully shoot a new bow that he taught him to make never dimmed.  The world is lessened by his passing.

      What do you do when you've lost a teacher, a mentor, a friend?  There was still so much left to learn...

      I'm sure that he's bending someone's ear on the other side, even as I write this.

      Please, pass this note to the East Kingdom list and anywhere else that he is known.

      May your bows never break and your strings never stretch, my friend.

      R.I.P Edward Breyette (ska Edward the Gray)

      --
      "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
      --Leonardo da Vinci