Re: [SCA-Archery] traditional recurves

  • Guy Taylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2010
      Keep in mind that handshock is a subjective item with many factors affecting it. Arrow weight and shooting style only being two factors.
      I may find a particular bow rattles me to the core. You may find the same bow with the same arrows to be a sweet shooting pussycat.
      Limb tips on Asiatic recurves typically carry considerably more mass than western longbows, but they still manage to work pretty well.

      Guy
      Greenman Archery

      From: Renny Ridgway <argentrabbit@...>Sent: Sun, December 12, 2010 10:34:11 AM

      I few bow makers to look at are
      I personally shoot the Nomad ( G5 Old Hungarian ) And find that it is fun and forgiving. I have heard some archerys swear by Grozer.
      Have fun findingthe right bow for you and enjoy it once it is in your hands.
      Ren