bow books

  • richard johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010
      I have, over my lifetime, made some really bad bows and arrows.  a LOT of really bad bows!

      BUT, i am smart enough to:
         a) learn from my mistakes
         b) listen to people who know more than I do
         c) study up on the subject.
      And I used this knowledge to do a good job on my GI-Bow I bought and cleaned up.

      So, with this in mind, i am wondering...

      If you have only enough room for five books and five DVDs on on how to make a bow and arrows on your shelf, which would they be?
      (note we are NOT talking about modern compound bows with cams and all that modern junk.  but WILL include Japanese, Mongol horse bows, simple longbows, recurves etc)

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010
          Well, that isn't an easy choice. Realistic choice, based on what I *am* making and will likely be making for a while; TBB 1-4, and "The Bow Builders Book".
          Aspirational choice; TBB 1-4 and Adam Karpowicz' "Ottoman Turkish Bows, manufacture and design".
          But, tucked under my pillow, "Bows and Arrows of the Native Americans", by Hamm

          Frode