Re: [SCA-Archery] Blowguns

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 24, 2010
    Rick,

    Ask and ye shall receive.

    Jim, Alchem Inc.

    >At 09:58 AM 11/24/2010, richard johnson wrote:

    Can you upload pics so we can see whatthey look like?

    On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 8:10 PM, James Koch <alchem@...> wrote:

    To Whom It May Concern,

    If anyone is interested, I now have a pile of 50 caliber lined bamboo
    blowguns for sale cheap. These are the early medieval type which
    would have been in use in Europe prior to the 13th Century. They
    shoot a simple primitive dart made from bamboo shish kebab
    skewers. So the ammunition is cheap when home made. This caliber is
    ideal for use by children. That said, these are no more a toy than a
    child's bow. Blowguns were the medieval equivalent of a .22
    short. So if anyone wants to give their kid the medieval equivalent
    of a Red Rider BB Gun, this is it. The price will depend on the
    length. These are still an experimental weapon on SCA archery
    ranges, so you have to obtain permission from the marshal in charge
    before using one at an official SCA event.

    Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

    --
    Rick Johnson
    http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com