Re: [SCA-Archery] bad email

  • richard johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010
      It's a virus ion your computer.
      You need to do a really good virus scan.
      And the moderator needs to delete all the messages that have that link in them.

      PLUS, warn the subscribers that the link IS a virus!

      On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Steven Casort <ihon_macl@...> wrote:

      I'm sorry for for the post that was this web site "http://goo.gl/AvLK...".
      I did not send it, I'm not sure how it was sent, Please ignor it.

      In Service
      Ihon MacLucas
      CarregWen Captain of Archers
      aka Steve Casort

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010
        Greetings

        Aside from a general warning, which this message can serve as, these things have been done. Folks, any time you see an email that consists of nothing at all except for an odd web address, you can assume it's at minimum spam, and perhaps worse - delete it and, if it's on a public e-list, be sure the moderators and/or owners know of it. If the email is seen to be addressed to a great many individuals (especially if they are in alphabetic order) then the probability of it being spam or a malware attempt is near perfect certainty. These are usually phishing attempts, designed to induce a user onto a website that will read harddrives and pull email contact lists, plant malware or spambots on your harddrive, and other unsavory actions. Don't click the link, back away quickly and get rid of it. And if it is coming from your machine, scrub it down thoroughly with antivirus software.

        Cordially;
        Nigel, one of the Moderators

        --
        "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
        -
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010
          and if you are NOT tech savvy, download Malwarebytes anti malware, in my experience it is best for these situations, and it is free to download and scan with, for full protection there is a fee, but just to scrub down, it works really well

          Terrance
          Atenveldt