20# bows

  • Shurgin,Gary
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2000
      Steitan,

      Sorry this took so long to reply,
      Yes, at 100 yards clout, using my 20# recurve, I usually get 6 of 6 in the
      area. Just shot a clout at Pheon Fest in Fenix (Cincinnati), only an inner
      circle was set up. (a little longer than my extended arms--6-8' maybe?) Got
      2 in, and the other 4 close nearby (within arms length). My bow does reach
      at 150yards. Haven't hit a man yet with it, just a circle down if it was
      laid out. The arrow is usually lost to sight in the air. (OK, this is
      probably do more to luck than anything else, the wind can't be blowing at
      all. It's funny to watch the wind snatch the arrow and turn it around, to
      flop on the ground). I use the smaller diameter shaft- 3/16"?, 23" long. The
      heavier weight and spined arrows would be hard to make the 150, at that
      length.

      Roewynne