Mundane Archery Converts

  • smuth22664@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2000
      Not that I would start an argument but I would like to point out that not all
      mundane archery practices are of no interest to SCA archers. When the range
      our shire was using for practice changed their days, hours and fees we were
      lucky enough to find a VERY mundane park district group to shoot with.
      Almost all of their members shot compounds or fancy "olympic style" recurves
      with every gadget under the sun. Now that we have shot there for a couple of
      years several of their "old timers" have puchased traditional equipment.
      Once a month they set up a traditional only 3D shoot. The person who runs
      the program even shot a winter chalenge score this year. They have allowed
      us to bring atlatles (sp?) to practice and are talking about setting up a
      clout range to our specifications.

      I agree that compounds have no place at an SCA event but some of us enjoy the
      sport where and how we can. By the way, I try to set an example by shooting
      my "horse bow" off my hand. Maybe this year a few of us will even move on to
      thumb rings.

      Ottokar