Re: Tournament of the Phoenix

  • warbow67
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2010
      Just out of curiosity, and not to promote any particular brand or dealer, but how does the "Hawkwood English Longbow" offered by 3 Rivers Archery stand up to their rigid rules of authentic bows?

      Dave H

      ----------------------------

      > Yes, they seem rather English longbow-centric. If it was to be a
      > fully Medieval European archery competition then they should allow
      > all the bows that were in used in period and crossbows were used in
      > England and the rest of Europe. Durer shows engravings of longbows
      > with recurved tips. And Eastern Europe used laminated recurves on
      > foot and on horse back.
      >
      > Jon
      >
      > On Oct 15, 2010, at 6:47 PM, George Bottorf wrote:
      >

      > > Greetings to one and all. I looked the Tournament over last year,
      > > and thought it an interesting contest to do. But, I didn't approve
      > > of their disallowing the shooting of static tipped recurves. Their
      > > use in period is proven. I shoot a Magyar bow, and have shot them
      > > for a l-o-n-g time! LOL. Their disallowing modern design bows is
      > > one thing, but the use of modern materials is not. Safety is of
      > > paramont concern. Oh well, it's their game; bat, ball, glove,and
      > > rule book! It might be a nice trip down,but I think I will stay
      > > home and avoid having my bow being disallowed! Thank you, but no
      > > thanks. YIS, Ld.Abner de Plunkett. West Kingdom Archer and
      > > Crossbowman.

    • Noah
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16, 2010
        I have one and I like it the only problem that
        I have is with the string I find that it stretch and
        You have to tighten it but that is only thing I have
        Found wrong I hope that helps
        In service Herman deswolf  gansevoort
        Sent from my iPhone