Re: Thumb Rings

  • jbl
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 11, 2010
      Another spot is Spitfire horsebows he has an eduacation section on there with pictures of the shot sequence and some videos. There is also a memebers only forum that you could join that is VERY helpful.

      ATARN has some great information about all aspects of Asian archery and has severallinks on how to build a thumb ring. There are also several good videos from ATARN on youtube that show how to use a thumb draw.

      I have built several rings using horn, a PVC pipe union and leather. The leather ring took about five minutes to make. I cut the leather to the size of my thumb, punched two holes on the bottom and took a leather boot lace and thread it through the holes tied it on to my thumb and bingo-thumb ring.

      To start off with the thumb draw I would recommend a 25-30# and work your way up to the weight you normally use. I have been shooting with the thumb draw exclusively over the last two years and I find that I am more accurate and faster then I was with a split finger release. There is a learning curve but I really didn't find it as hard as many make it out to be. Good luck and if you need anymore info just ask.

      Dmytro