Re: [SCA-Archery] Target archery at GWW?

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2010
      Thank you.  I had not thought to look there.

      Jon

      On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:36 AM, James of the Lake wrote:

      The times are very cleverly hidden in the volunteer schedule, Sir Jon.

      http://www.caid-gww.org/volunteers.php#archery

      As Christina wrote: about the same goings on as last year.

      James

    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 15, 2010
        I will bring one of my two foot square ethafoam backstops.

        Thanks

        Jon
        On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:46 AM, James of the Lake wrote:

        And crossbowmen should bring a square of ethafoam or equivalent sufficient to stop their bolts.  Since crossbows are so rare in much of Caid, it's best not to assume that sufficient backing will be provided.  Many ranges in the LA basin ban crossbows due to city ordinances.

        James

        On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:30 AM, Jessica E Baas wrote:

        The Great Western War site should be updated shortly with target archery information. The range setup will be similar to last year with novelties on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and the Great Western Championship Shoot on Saturday. We will host the night clout on Thursday and Friday nights. We should be able to accommodate crossbows for most competitions, but as those who have attended GWW in the past know, the number of crossbows in Caid is very small.

        We will have two classes at the range:
        - Mentor shoot (Friday 9am)- pairing newer archers with experienced ones, working together through coaching and challenges to produce a combined score.
        - Kyudo Archery (Sunday 3pm) - an internationally ranked Kyudo archer will give a demonstration and history of archery in Japan, dating back thousands of years.

        Christina