Ansteorra3rd Quarter 2010 report Target Archery & Thrown Weapons

  • Mike Gideon
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2010
      Kingdom: Ansteorra

      Report Date: September 9, 2010

      SCA Name: Michel mac Donnchaid

      Office: Missile Marshal

      Warrant Expiration Date: As the Crown decrees (Normally warranted per reign for up to 2 years)
      Office was opened for application end of last quarter. No applications to date

      Membership #: 122828
      Membership Expiration: 31, Aug. 2013
      Legal Name: Mike Gideon
      Email address: missile@marshal. ansteorra. org
      Postal address: 514 North B Street, Duncan OK 73533
      Phone:580-252- 2520

      Summary of Status of Target Archery in your Kingdom

      Number and Names of events this past quarter with Target Archery.
      4 Events:

      Barony of the Steppes "Steppes Warlord"    26 archers
      Shire of Adlersruhe "Lady of the Lake"     12 archers
      Shire of Shadowlands "Just Cause Tourney"   8 archers
      Wiesenfeuer/Namron "Grand Assembly of Archer no report yet (event was August 27-29)

      At least 3 groups hold weekly practices (unless weather or events prevent), and at least 4 others hold regular (usually monthly) practices

      Number and Names of Interkingdom events this past quarter
      None

      Any Problems, incidents, or concerns
      None.

      Participant Data:
      Targets Archers in Royal Rounds Database: 250 (up from 235 for last quarter)
      Target Archery Marshals: 58
      Target Archery Authorization Marshals: 20
      Currently 33 archers with 46 official Royal Rounds rankings across all divisions even with the extreme heat and humidity during this last quarter.

      Summary of Status of Thrown Weapons in your Kingdom

      Number and Names of events this past quarter with Thrown Weapons
      1 Events:

      Steppes Warlord       20 participants

      At least 3 groups hold weekly practices (unless weather or events prevent),

      Any Problems, incidents, or concerns
      None.

      Participant Data:
      Thrown Weapons Marshals:28
      Thrown Weapons Authorization Marshals: 15.

      Royal Rounds for Thrown Weapons still in progress. Integration into the current Royal Rounds reporting system is underway

      My office has been accepting applications for the last quarter (close date has passed) without application

      Yours in Service,

      Michel
    • chris & sher

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
          I posted it to the SCA-Archery yahoo group as requested by Society DEM Target Archery and Thrown Weapons
          Mistress Lynette Dave'jean.

          Baron Michel mac Donnchaid
          Ansteorra Kingdom Missile Marshal(from my personal email address)

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
            Pardon the multiple postings. and ALWAYS ALWAYS look at the TO: field BEFORE clicking send...

            Michel the red faced

          • chris & sher
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 10, 2010
              Don't worry about it.  I wish every archer who reports to me did as nice a job reporting as you do!
              Cherise