New Archer in Dragonspine Outlands

  • russell
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2010
      Well its not everyday I get to help new archers. I love archery and today I and a few others helped a new archer. He fired 40 arrows and hit the target 5 times at 20 yards. His father walked him thru the shooting process and he did really well for a first time shooter.
      I was so happy it made my day to see him hit the target. I have had experience shooting at night for instinctive and I had a friend who did zen archery. Eyes closed and I knew it was possiable. I shoot better at night lol Cant correct as much lol. Yes I have great night vison but still its not always easy. Well My day was made from watching this student shoot. I told him of my experience and others shooting blind or at night. his father let him shoot. It was great, Oh ya the shooter is blind.
      Great young man and brave even got a bow slap to his arm now offically an archer and his father will help him in his new sport /hobby.
      I took a personal intrest for my mother became blind and gave up on life and refused help. So seeing a young man try when my mother gave up on life was wonderful for me. I was so happy I yelled for him when he hit his first target and clapped the next. What my mother failed to try in life this young man tried and won hats off to him and SCA gets a new archer too. If you try to do things is half the battle and having his father help and coach to be succesful was great in my eyes. Zach great job oh Archer of Dragonspine/Outlands
      Russ mudane
    • Carolus
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2010
        That is really great. Keep up the good work and give the new archers my
        congratulations.
        Carolus von Eulenhorst
        Master of Archers, Emeritus, Caid

      • loreleiElkins@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2010
          That is fantastic!  Great job bringing along a new archer too.  Your excitement is contagious.

          Lorelei,
          Atlantia

[...]

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional