Re: [SCA-Archery] New article

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 11, 2010
    Thank you. I will look forward to your comments.

    Jon
  • John edgerton
    Message 2 of 27 , Aug 11, 2010
    Thank you.  I will be looking forward to your comments.

    Jon

  • John edgerton
    Message 3 of 27 , Aug 11, 2010
    Thank you. I am looking forward to your comments.

    Jon
  • John edgerton
    Message 4 of 27 , Aug 11, 2010
      Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the red and green underlines for
      the spelling and grammar check for my final draft? I am using
      Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac.

      Thanks

      Jon
    • James of the Lake
      Message 5 of 27 , Aug 11, 2010
        See if you can find Spelling/Grammar under the Tools menu or some such and unclick any checkmarks. We were forced to use M$ Office products at work, with constant involuntary upgrades. I usually had to spend qite a lot of time exorcizing all the many "helpers" built into Word before I could do technical writing. It was especially fustrating killing that paperclip guy... :-(

        Good luck!

        James

        On Aug 11, 2010, at 11:44 AM, John edgerton wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the red and green underlines for
        > the spelling and grammar check for my final draft? I am using
        > Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Jon

      • Edward deWitt
        Message 6 of 27 , Aug 11, 2010
          Jon, I don't use the MAC version, but usually in MS Word, if you have a "misspelling"  but it is a name or foreign language, you just have to save it to the dictionary.  Then your copy will not show the red spelling problems.  The grammar green, is just trying to help you on fragmented sentences and run on sentences, etc.  Sometime it will help correct it for you, or you have to make the sentence correct before it will go away.  When you get ready yo print, it, it won't show up anyway.

          Message 7 of 27 , Aug 11, 2010
            Thank you.

            Jon
            On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:44 PM, James of the Lake wrote:

            See if you can find Spelling/Grammar under the Tools menu or some such and unclick any checkmarks. We were forced to use M$ Office products at work, with constant involuntary upgrades. I usually had to spend qite a lot of time exorcizing all the many "helpers" built into Word before I could do technical writing. It was especially fustrating killing that paperclip guy... :-(

            Good luck!

            James

            On Aug 11, 2010, at 11:44 AM, John edgerton wrote:

            > Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the red and green underlines for
            > the spelling and grammar check for my final draft? I am using
            > Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Jon

          • John edgerton
            Message 8 of 27 , Aug 11, 2010
              Thank you.

              Jon

              Message 9 of 27 , Aug 12, 2010
                I am having serious problems with my computer, a Mac. I may only be
                able to check my mail occasionally from my son's computer till I can
                have it repaired.

                Please send your article comments anyway in the meantime.

                Jon
              • kburgess1@comcast.net
                Message 10 of 27 , Aug 15, 2010
                  well done !!!
                  Message 11 of 27 , Aug 15, 2010
                    Message
                    Jon,
                    I would like to read and comment on your article.

                    cog
                    cogworks@...