more ?? lol

  • russell
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2010
      How would you rate for accuracy and performanece cast etc in order.
      Horsebow
      Recurve
      Longbow
      shortbow
      Flatbow
      same # and draw
      I saw Horsebow in action. very effctive stored power/cast smooth
      seems longbow needs more # to get same result and recurve is very good bow design.
      I like the actions of horsebow and recurve over longbow.
      But yes I know diff designs so maybe cant compair apples and oranges.
      if all bows same #
      I am use to recurve so I might be bias against longbow
      thats why I am asking.
      so same archer using all bow designs
      how do you rate them??
      Also is one design safewr than another. Something I was thinking about if a bow blowsup. Is one more damamging than other? sounds odd to say but its a question.
    • Carolus
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2010
        A full working recurve is the most efficient design, the horsebow is a
        version of this and generally qualifies as a shortbow. Long bows and
        flatbows are different constructions of thee same design though all
        recurves are technically flatbows. Shortbows can exist in either design
        and are not technically a class unto themselves. If a bow fails it
        doesn't matter what type it is - the potential for injury is the same.
        Some materials fail giving more jagged edges than others so material is
        more important than design.
        Carolus

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2010
          great info thxs