FW: Archery Academy IV in An Tir

  • BeckiG
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25 11:19 AM
      Forwarded message:

      Archery Academy IV:
      Weapons in Flight
      August 6-8, 2010
      Barony of Three Mountains
      Event site: PGE Trojan Park,
      71760 Columbia Highway,
      Rainier, OR (Near Portland)
      Site Opens: 12 Noon 8-6, closes 3:00pm 8-8

      Join us in the country. Camp on soft grass under trees, observe the ducks on the lake, watch banners flutter in the breeze, and hear the sound of arrows coursing through the air as we turn our attentions to the honorable and celebrated discipline of archery and thrown weapons.

      This teaching event has classes for the Archer, Bowyer and Fletcher, and thrown weapon aficionados. There are also Accademia Core and other unique classes including family friendly Parent/Child classes. Participate in activities such as archery novelty shoots and Royal Rounds!

      Sampling of Classes:

      ******NEW: SIGN UP FOR CLASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON SITE. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.***** ********* *******

      Beginning Ax Throwing, Beginning Knife Throwing, Beginning Spear Throwing, Combat mace Construction, Archery 101,
      History of Archery, Longbow from Any Wood, Arrow Making, Bow String Making, Intro to Chain Maille, Leather Gauntlets,
      Chivalry & Etiquette, War Wounds, Introduction to the SCA, Introduction to Card Weaving, Icons-An Introduction to Religious Iconography, Cooking Over a Fire, easy Sauces, Introduction to Low Relief Carving, Beginning Basket Weaving, Plus family friendly Parent/Child classes.

      ******NEW: GOLD KEY WILL BE ON SITE WITH LOANER GARB.******* ********* ********* ********* ****

      Event Cost: $12 for camping Adults (ages 18 and up), $8 for Youths (13-17 yrs), Child (6-12) $6.00,Child (0-5) FREE, Family cap $32.00 (2 adults 4 minors max, must be related). NMS ($5.00) applies. Make checks payable to SCA Inc-Three Mountains. Pre-reg. form on Website, must be port marked by July 31, 2010. Class pre reg. is separate
      Please see website for details.
      Merchants’ welcome (contact autocrat).
      Directions:
      From the North:
      Make your best way to I-5 S towards Portland
      Take exit 36 to merge into Tennant Way/WA-432 towards Industrial Areas/US-30
      Turn left at Oregon Way/WA-433 (Entering Oregon)
      Continue on to Lewis and Clark Bridge
      Slight right to merge into US-30
      Signs for Trojan Park and SCA Event will be seen along roadside. Follow signs to event.

      From the South:
      Make your best way to I-5 N towards Portland
      Take exit 299B on the left to merge onto I-405 N toward Beaverton/US- 26 W/City Center
      Take exit 3 on the left to merge onto US-30 W toward St Helens
      Slight right at NW St Helens Rd/US-30
      Continue to follow US-30
      Signs for Trojan Park and SCA Event will be seen along roadside. Follow signs to event.
      Pre-Register: at event Website

      Website: http://www.currentm iddleages. org/archeryacade my/

      Autocrat: Eleanor de Sackville cknutson3@aol. com 503-287-0987
      MKA Christine Knutson 6226 NE 32nd Ave, Portland, OR 97211

      .