Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Greetings and string-length advice needed

  • Jason Yeates
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 11 9:05 AM
      A great deal is a great deal.  I'd probably buy a 110# bow if I found one for $30. ;)

      Now I'm jealous... haha!

      On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Laura Woinoski <twopeaedpod@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the advice, everyone!
      I went to the archery shop and the guy there was really great - he let me borrow a 25# recurve and some arrows and I left my bow there as "collateral." He's ordering the "normal string" for it and will call me when it's in.
      I went to PAX yesterday and practiced for many hours at the range, it was great! The bow was really easy to use and I think by the time I have to return this one, then I'll be able to shoot a 35#. So, I'll contact the Deftwood archery Marshal like it was suggested to see if I can borrow a 35# bow for a while so I can work up :)
      And I know I don't NEED a 45# bow, but I got this $150+ bow for $30 on Craigslist, I can't expect to find a deal like that again in a long time probably! lol
      - Laura :)

      "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi