Re: [SCA-Archery] Caid 2nd Quarter Report for Target Archery

  • Linda Holm
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23 10:15 AM
      Report received.  Thank you.
      Lynette

      --- On Mon, 6/14/10, Jessica E Baas <divinite@...> wrote:

      From: Jessica E Baas <divinite@...>
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Caid 2nd Quarter Report for Target Archery
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: laertesm@...
      Date: Monday, June 14, 2010, 10:47 AM

      SCA Name: THL Christina O'Cleary

      Legal Name: Jessica Baas

      Office: Minister of Archers

      Warrant expiration: January 2011, will change offices at 12th Night

      Membership #139957, expires 2/28/13

      Post: 4227 W. 147th St #A, Lawndale, CA 90260

      Phone: 310.480.7155

      We are still working on updating our database. Yearly reports for Range Marshals were due on 6/1 and so far I have received 31 reports from active Range Marshals. I know of at least 10 others with reports pending. Of those who have submitted reports, 20 are Senior Range Marshals. We have approximately 120 active archers Kingdom wide with many more trying archery at least once.

      We have no issues or injuries to report.

      Our new handbook is going over well and people are liking our simplified authorizations (verbal instead of written).

      Events with archery in the last quarter:

      Arts & Archery, February 20

      Queen's Champion, February 21 (rescheduled from December 09 due to weather)

      Kings Hunt, April 2-4

      Potrero War, May 28-31 (Reported 165 archers coming to the range throughout the war!)

      Gyldenholt Anniversary, June 12

      We have one territorial change of office coming up, Baron Malcolm Alberic will be stepping up as Captain in Dreiburgen within the next month. He is new Range Marshal, but has extensive experience as an RMiT, and is both an Armored and Rapier marshal. He recently ended his term as Baron of Dreiburgen and will be filling a position that has been vacant for almost a year.

      I am still searching for a deputy as my intended deputy is now most likely unable to take the position due to health concerns. I have spoken with a few potential candidates and will hopefully have made a decision in the next few months.

      In Service to Caid and the Society,

      THL Christina O'Cleary

    • Mike Gideon
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 8, 2010
        Kingdom: Ansteorra

        Report Date: September 9, 2010

        SCA Name: Michel mac Donnchaid

        Office: Missile Marshal

        Warrant Expiration Date: As the Crown decrees (Normally warranted per reign for up to 2 years)
        Office was opened for application end of last quarter. No applications to date

        Membership #: 122828
        Membership Expiration: 31, Aug. 2013
        Legal Name: Mike Gideon
        Email address: missile@marshal. ansteorra. org
        Postal address: 514 North B Street, Duncan OK 73533
        Phone:580-252- 2520

        Summary of Status of Target Archery in your Kingdom

        Number and Names of events this past quarter with Target Archery.
        4 Events:

        Barony of the Steppes "Steppes Warlord"    26 archers
        Shire of Adlersruhe "Lady of the Lake"     12 archers
        Shire of Shadowlands "Just Cause Tourney"   8 archers
        Wiesenfeuer/Namron "Grand Assembly of Archer no report yet (event was August 27-29)

        At least 3 groups hold weekly practices (unless weather or events prevent), and at least 4 others hold regular (usually monthly) practices

        Number and Names of Interkingdom events this past quarter
        None

        Any Problems, incidents, or concerns
        None.

        Participant Data:
        Targets Archers in Royal Rounds Database: 250 (up from 235 for last quarter)
        Target Archery Marshals: 58
        Target Archery Authorization Marshals: 20
        Currently 33 archers with 46 official Royal Rounds rankings across all divisions even with the extreme heat and humidity during this last quarter.

        Summary of Status of Thrown Weapons in your Kingdom

        Number and Names of events this past quarter with Thrown Weapons
        1 Events:

        Steppes Warlord       20 participants

        At least 3 groups hold weekly practices (unless weather or events prevent),

        Any Problems, incidents, or concerns
        None.

        Participant Data:
        Thrown Weapons Marshals:28
        Thrown Weapons Authorization Marshals: 15.

        Royal Rounds for Thrown Weapons still in progress. Integration into the current Royal Rounds reporting system is underway

        My office has been accepting applications for the last quarter (close date has passed) without application

        Yours in Service,

        Michel
      • chris & sher

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
            I posted it to the SCA-Archery yahoo group as requested by Society DEM Target Archery and Thrown Weapons
            Mistress Lynette Dave'jean.

            Baron Michel mac Donnchaid
            Ansteorra Kingdom Missile Marshal(from my personal email address)

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
              Pardon the multiple postings. and ALWAYS ALWAYS look at the TO: field BEFORE clicking send...

              Michel the red faced

            • chris & sher
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 10, 2010
                Don't worry about it.  I wish every archer who reports to me did as nice a job reporting as you do!
                Cherise